Image Map

america's birthday {nails}

2009 was the first year I went all out for the forth of July, and it was the first year I did my nails for it.

I didn't quite know what I was doing yet so I painted my nails white and made "fireworks" with the tip of a screw.

(sorry for the photo, it's the only one I have that shows my nails)

In 2010 I knew I had to do something better.  I had done my nails for the Superbowl (colts v.s. saints) so I had a little more practice.

This is what I came up with - 


I was pretty darn proud of myself.

Then when this year rolled around I had to find a way to out-do myself again.  I love the way the flags look but I had to add something . . . . . Eagles!!
Here was my practice run I worked on last week -


It's hard to figure out what it is unless you're looking at it close up, so I also drew eagle heads and this is what I came up with




Our air conditioner broke on Friday.  It was so hot (86+degrees) that the nail polish got gloppy very quickly.  In the end a few of my nails bubbled up but you can't tell unless you're very close.

So, what do you think?  Did I one-up myself?  What in the world am I going to do next year???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...