Well, now that our years in Chicago are starting to dwindle I've decided to make a list, and I won't move until I've done them all.
**A little disclaimer: I'm definitely including food but I'm not including any of the fabulous fancy award winning restaurants around town. There are so many of them, almost too many, most of which I'll never be able to afford, and I want to make this more of a budget friendly list. The Man and I love to go out to a nice meal on special occasions, but I think I'll be fine leaving Chicago without going to places like Alinea...
***Disclaimer number 2: There is so much to do here, this is just a list of things I would be bummed if I left Chicago without doing.
Ok, Let's get Started!!
Chicago Bucket List:
- Eat ItalianBeef
Eat a Deep Dish Pizza(yuck) Eat a Chicago Dog
- Go to a Jazz or Blues Club (preferably Green Mill on North Broadway)
Walk around the Buckingham Fountain(one of the largest in the world – and it’s free!)
- Ride the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier
Go on an Architectural Boat Tour
- Go to the Planetarium at night
Visit the Field Museum Visit the Shed Aquarium Visit the Museum of Science and Industry
- Ride the Skokie Swift (the yellow line train that only takes you from the end of the Red Line to a no-wheres-ville Skokie neighborhood - I've ridden all the train lines except this one)
- Eat a hot
dog at The Weiner Circle and Hot Dougs (hot dogs are very important here - Vienna Beef baby!)
- Bike down the Lake Shore path
Drink a cocktail at the top of the John Hancock Building Go to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field(Go Cubs Go!)
- Go to a White Sox game at The Cell
- Somehow go inside Soldier Field without spending hundreds of dollars on Bears tickets :)
- Befriend a Boat owner and relax in the middle of Lake Michigan
- Play Whirlyball (an awesome combination of bumper cars, lacrosse, and basketball!)
Eat a taco at the Maxwell Street Market
- Visit American Science and Surplus (it’s more of an art school kid must-see)
- Stand on "The Ledge" at the top of the Sears Tower
Visit The Art Institute(free on Thursday nights) Walk around the Lincoln Park zoo and go inside the Arboretum(it’s free!)
- Eat Dim Sum in Chinatown
- Eat Indian food on Devon Street
Visit the Garfield Park Conservatory(it’s free!) Sit in the Atrium in the Harold Washington Library(it’s free!)
- See a Movie and a Concert in Millennium Park (it’s free!)
Go out to Oak Park and see all the Frank Lloyd Wright buildings
Somethings that The Man wants to put on my list:
- Go inside McCormick Place (the nations largest convention center - it’s free!)
- Eat a Burger at Boston Blackies
- Eat at Mani’s Jewish Deli
- Eat at Super Dog
I'll report back when I complete something new!
What's something that you've never done in the town you live in??