Image Map

brooklyn bonanza {part two}

So, as I was saying, the Brooklyn Flea!
It was really fun, although it would definitely be more fun if you actually live in New York, and don't have to think about getting the things you want on a plane.
like this wood pig I wanted for some reason . . . and still do!!
There were tons of booths to look through and there was a good range of kitchen stuff, furniture, clothing, jewelry, toys, art, books, and other sweet antiques. And on the other side of the Flea was a bunch of food vendors, everything looked great, I really wish I had been hungry enough to try something.
And look at this completely awesome miniature Singer sewing machine.  You use the hand crank on the side to make the needle go up and down.  The guy selling it said people would use them to mend clothing on ships. I'm not sure if he made that up, but it's a fun story. We asked him how much it was and he told us he sold the other one he had for $200 . . . sooooo, I didn't buy it.

Sweet Star Wars Glasses!!!!
We had a blast and I even bought a few things
Some Earrings
And some Deeeeeelicious Pickles
 On our way home from the Brooklyn Flea we stopped at an ice cream truck with a beautiful menu.
And then The Man made Chicken Fried Steak for dinner! And Sausage Gravy from scratch! And Dana made Garlic Mashed Potatoes! It was SoOoOoOo Good!
It was an awesome day and I still have the sunburns to prove it.

And somehow the next day was even more awesome.
Right now you might be thinking "Wha? How can you top antiques and sausage gravy?"
Well, it's possible, but guess what. . .

yeah, you guessed it:
I'll tell you about that tomorrow!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...