Image Map

a lazy lady's exercise

As you can probably tell from my haphazard posting and, well, the title of this blog, I'm a lazy person.

My nights are spent lying on the couch, and my weekends are spent lying in bed.
I love tv and movies and netflix and hulu.
Getting cable was probably both the best and worst thing I could have done for myself.
Even my showers take 20 min.
So, when it came to exercise I'd never been one for going out of my way.  If it wasn't convenient it wasn't happening.

I recently ended a three year relationship with XSport Gym, we didn't see much of each other in the past two years, and when he told me I'd have to spend more money to go to the gym that's closer to my house, I thought it was time to end it.

Since then I've bought ankle weights and tried carving out a part of my day to devote to "bettering" myself.  But it never sticks.  Then a few days ago I found this exercise routine via Cup of Jo.  It's the Scientific 7-Minute Workout.

Each exercise is done for 30 seconds:
You'd think 7 minutes wouldn't be enough time to do anything beneficial, but scientists say it is, so it has to be true!!!  I've only done this routine for 2 days but I already feel it (especially in my tush muscles).  I've always had trouble with not only the time commitment exercise took, but also pushing myself to keep going when it gets dificult.  When you are exercising alone it is really easy to stop or slow down when you start to feel "the burn," but this workout is so short and well planned that there is literally no time to slow down, and 7 minutes later I'm back on the couch where I belong.  Hopefully I'll keep this up...we'll see how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...