Image Map

love day mail!

Happy - very belated - Valentines Day!

I love Love Day. I love showing people I love that I love them. love love love.

But seriously, I think everyone needs to stop putting so much pressure on themselves to make Valentines Day a romantic holiday.  For the past few years I've been sending valentines to friends and family as well as The Man, and it has felt wonderful.  This year I wasn't able to send out as many as last year, so if I missed you I'll get you in 2015!
I wanted to share these earlier but i sent them out late, and I didn't want to ruin the surprise for my few valentines.  But now that the USPS tracker tells me they've all been delivered I'd like to share...

I saw this post on Oh Happy Day a while back and loved the idea, so, as I do with her wonderful crafts, I took the idea and ran with it.
Instead of using flat paper cut-outs I made 3D origami hearts.  My first one definitely didn't turn out so well but after I got the hang of it it was really fun.  It's great when you make those last few folds and it pops into shape!

I used an upholstery needle to thread the glittery poof balls onto the bakers twine, and used fun washi tape with images of pins to attach the letters.
I used conversation heart phrases for the garlands, it was hard to pick out who should get what, but I think I made the right choice on all accounts.
The best part was as the weekend went by all my valentines let me know they got their package by sending me pictures of their garlands!
I love sending people fun mail! I think I need to do it more often! What's next?...Easter cards?...Or maybe Independence day cards! Yeah! America Mail!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...