Image Map

farmers market

So, what did I do with my 20 Farmers market dollars this Thursday??

I got some great lookin' veggies, and some tasty tasty breads!!


Marble Rye!


Focaccia!


Goat Gouda!


Tomatoes!


Thyme! (Andrew asked me to get some fresh thyme so we can make chicken and 40 cloves for dinner soon, delicious!)


Sugar Snap Peas!


Purple Baby Carrots! (or as they were labeled at the market "real" baby carrots)


Oh Yeah that's a pretty good haul!!!!

I do have a question for you though.
Can you eat carrot greens? There are so many greens attached to those tiny little carrots, it seems a waste to just throw them out.  Can I saute them like I would some kale????

1 comment:

  1. Cutting the tops off of your carrots will make the carrots last longer but the greens will need to be used quickly - they are kinda bitter - but I found some recipes that look interesting - Carrot Top Pesto? hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...