Image Map

farmers market

Today is Thursday!!! My favorite day of the week!!!


and here are my farmers market finds


BEETS!



More Asparagus!



KALE!



And a little bucket of Strawberries.


I picked this specific container of berries because it had this one in it . . .


Siamese Twin Strawberry!!! Oh nature, you're so unusual.



Yum, yum, yum, I love me some veggies.

So, for those of you who know me personally you might be thinking, "Aly, why in the heck would you buy strawberries when you can't even eat them?", and those of you who don't know me might be thinking, "why did she just write that??"  

Well, a little fact about me is that I am allergic to fresh fruit.  It happened when I was around 14, we were having an easter party and there was a huge bowl of cherries.  I couldn't stop eating them and after about 15 I started having trouble breathing.  I found my mom and tried to tell her between quick short breaths that I thought my throat was closing.  She looked at me and sighed "ah, crap."  My aunt has the same allergy so she knew exactly what was going on.  I kept trying little bits of various fruits hoping that it was just a certain type, but to no avail. It's all of them.  

BUT! There are ways, yes, I can cook it, and I've had those canned peaches and pears from Trader Joe's, and once I bought a bag of frozen berries and munched on those.  The frustrating thing is that I can't just eat it as a healthy snack.  When you cook fruit it becomes more of a dessert, which is delicious but not something you should be eating every day.  

So, today I was walking through the farmers market and every stand had beautiful, delicious smelling strawberries.  It was too tempting, I don't have a plan for them yet but they just looked so good!

Do you have any suggestions?
Should I make some shortcake?
Or some simple jam?
I need help!!


p.s. sorry I missed a wednesday, I was so tired yesterday, and thought it was tuesday until about 7 o'clock.  I'll be back on it next week, I swears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...